So let me just say that my heart is breaking for the families of the 4 fallen soldiers and 8 wounded. It always seems worse at this point in the deployment because there are only weeks left to go rather than months. I am truly grateful every single day that DJ is safe where he is right now.
Now onto the "Boy do I feel like an ass now!" portion of the night. Remember my ranting a while ago about Laney? Well, one of the fallen is her fiance. I feel like a bit of a schmuck at the moment because no matter what I think of her, I'd never wish this on anyone. Her sweet baby girl is going to grow up knowing her father only through pictures and other people's memories. My heart breaks for her.
I am so desperate for this tour to be over and for DJ to be home safe with us. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and grief that all of these families are going through. Prayers seem so futile at this time...
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(47)
-
▼
March
(14)
- Sunday, Rainy Sunday
- A Marginally Better Day
- Oh How I Would Like to Be a Happy Camper...
- Ok I Feel Like A Total Ass now
- A Trip to the Big City
- Its Been A Few Days
- Naps Are A Beautiful Thing
- It's a Beautiful Day...
- Grace In the Face of Devastation
- Ink, Ink and More Ink
- I Am At A Loss
- I Think It Looks Pretty
- In the Mood to Spend Money
- UGH!!
-
▼
March
(14)
Oh Mo, don't feel that way! We all say stuff that we don't really MEAN, but it's just how we feel at that very moment.
ReplyDeletexo Meg