Today was a better day. It would seem that all of my friends who have deployed spouses are in the same funk that I am. That does make me feel a little bit better about my crappy week. I went and picked up the tail light cover to replace the one I broke yesterday. That cost me $101 - just a little more salt in my wound I suppose! Then I went window shopping at Home Depot for my new kitchen. Granite or corian? I figure since I have such a small amount of countertop that I should be able to splurge for the good stuff, right? Ooh and I am getting a new fridge & ceran top stove...well, new to me anyway. A lad that DJ is overseas with is going to sell them to us along with a washing machine and double mattress that all are only 2 years old. My plan is to sell the fridge, stove & washer that we have right now and use the money from that to buy a new dishwasher. The one we have now is almost 19 years old and not working so well anymore. I am actually kind of excited about this...not the fights that I am sure are going to go along with it but then when do renos ever go easily anyway?
The other thing that I am kind of thrilled about is the plans for a little holiday after DJ gets home. We are planning to go visit Six for a few days. We're going to either go to Canada's Wonderland or to Darien Lake in NY. If we go to Darien Lake, we're hoping to camp overnight. I haven't been camping in a few years...well, more its more than a few. The last time I was 6 months pregnant with Ethan. Wow, how time flies when you're having fun!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(47)
-
▼
March
(14)
- Sunday, Rainy Sunday
- A Marginally Better Day
- Oh How I Would Like to Be a Happy Camper...
- Ok I Feel Like A Total Ass now
- A Trip to the Big City
- Its Been A Few Days
- Naps Are A Beautiful Thing
- It's a Beautiful Day...
- Grace In the Face of Devastation
- Ink, Ink and More Ink
- I Am At A Loss
- I Think It Looks Pretty
- In the Mood to Spend Money
- UGH!!
-
▼
March
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment