In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh the Irritation...

So its supper time at my parent's and that means the big city news is on. Normally, this doesn't bother me as I know that Dad likes to watch it. Tonight, however, they were doing the broadcast from the studio here in Pemmy with a focus on the military community. Now I appreciate that everyone likes the "We Support out Troops" campaign as I do feel a certain bit of pride for DJ. And its nice to see random people with pictures of their loved ones. But and its a big BUT, I am sick and tired of seeing the same people hogging all the attention and whining like they're the only ones going through this. A specific person - let's call her Laney - has been interviewed not once but twice since the birth of her daughter. Laney has been carrying on like she is the only one who's ever had to look after a newborn by herself. Carrying on about how babydaddy is missing sooo much and poor little babygirl is missing her daddy. Puh-leeze!!! What about the rest of us? Does she think that she's the first? At least they were good enough to change babydaddy's departure date so that he was here for the birth. I know many other people that never got that same consideration. Now maybe I am being critical because I went to school with Laney but I really just wanted to gag! How come I'm not special enough for the media to take notice of the fact that I am raising a 4 year old and an infant all by myself? But I know the answer to that already...its because I am not an attention whore!

OK enough about that...its frigging snowing again. I am so over winter! I think I need to live somewhere warmer. I don't need to live somewhere tropical...hell I'd like BC for that matter. Maybe on the island...poor DJ as that is certainly not the island he has in mind. Seriously, why would I really want to retire to NFLD anyway?

I am totally rambling tonight! I have wicked heartburn but lack the motivation to go find my meds to fix it. Although if I go do that then I should continue downstairs to the laundry room and take the load out of the washer too. And since I'm going to do that, I should get the rest of the garbage and recycling together to take outside. But its snowing and I don't wanna! I think that I'll just sit here and shake my fist at DND instead for taking DJ away from all of his chores!

I took C-Girl for well baby check today. And of course, she hasn't gained any weight in 3 weeks. She's 7 1/2 months old and only weighs 13lb 15oz. Which is more like 13 oz as she had a cloth diaper on. Nurse C was concerned as we are obviously back to battling this weight issue again...now we are to try to feed her solids 3X daily with iron fortified cereal and all the other veg & fruits. I am hesitant about this because I think that it may sabotage my best efforts to hit the 12 month mark with breastfeeding. I was pleased that I didn't need to take the domperidone 3X/day to keep my supply up but now I think that I'll have to start again. This is so disheartening. It feels like a never ending battle to do what's best for C-Girl that I invariably lose at...

2 comments:

  1. I like rambling posts. :) They give you a great glimpse into the writer. Or maybe I just like them because most of mine are rambles. :)

    I don't think it's that you're not special enough for the media to notice that you're raising two kids all by yourself, it's that you're too busy and too tired to get out there and scream at the world, "LOOK AT ME! PITY ME!" You're doing what you have to do to hold it all together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think since we've reconnected that I can always count on you to make me feel better ;) xo

    ReplyDelete