I decided to do cloth diapers with C-Girl before she was born. Little did I realize that it would become this bizarre addiction to have "cute" diapers. I mean, seriously, they crap in them. But no no off I go on this exploration of what I like and don't like. I started out with fitteds and covers in gender neutral colours. Just for fun I picked up a "Support Our Troops" AI2 courtesy of Meg (HI Meg!!) and some prefolds because that was what I was told I needed. I HATED the prefolds in the beginning but have found the love now that she's a little bigger. I have tried various types of fitteds and while I like a couple of them there are no clear favourites at this point. I hate AIO - take too long to dry and always seem to stink! I am fond of pockets it seems and have tried a few of the most popular ones. I am finding that I am not a huge fan of the one size diapers as C-Girl is too small I think. I like the idea of them and the not having to keep sizing up but they are too bulky. Baby girl is still wearing a small in most of the sized ones.
So now for my inventory of what I am currently using...this might scare me once I see it all written out :-P
Prefitteds/Prefolds
24 Prefolds
6 prefitteds - now that I have mastered the Snappi I really like these...I'd like them better if I had some in a more stretchy fabric like a cotton knit.
Fitteds
8 BubuBebe One Size - if I had to pick a fave, it'd be these ones
10 Happy Heiny Sherpa - hate these
14 Goodmama's - thought I liked these and now realize that I really don't
1 Swaddlebee - it's alright...I probably could use these ones day to day
1 Mutt 3SR - HATE this one
Covers
6 Bummis Superbrites - I like these ones
5 Thirsties - these are my favourite
1 Swaddlebee Snap - I like this one too but they are too expensive to have a whack of
1 Bummi Snap Wrap - not my favourite at all
Pockets
4 Blueberry OS - these are alright but not my favourite
2 Swaddlebee Econappy OS - again, alright but not my favourite
5 BumGenius 3.0 OS - I like these ones as I find that they fit skinny minnie a little better
2 Swaddlebee Print Sidesnaps - these are my favourite
2 Ecobumz Bamboo - I'm not sure how I fell about these ones since I generally don't use them that often
AIO/AI2
4 Thirsties - I do like these ones as they have a pocket too so they dry better
2 WAHM Christmas Prints - I like these too although I wouldn't leave her in them for very long
1 OMG "Support Our Troops" - I like this one too!
So if my math is correct - I have 80 diapers including the prefolds...see I knew I didn't want to know that LOL DJ is gonna freak! And I haven't even bought any wool yet...Oh no...Well, technically, I have bought some wool. Now I just need to get it knitted into some longies and capris...yikes!! Maybe I need to learn how to knit to fulfill that part of my addiction...
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(47)
-
▼
February
(13)
- Pity Party for 1...No RSVP Req'd
- It's Friday Night Again...
- Following In My Footsteps
- My Cloth Diaper Quest
- Holy Snow, Batman!
- It's Friday Night...Do You Know Where Your Childre...
- I Sit & Wait...So now I'll Ramble
- I GOT A NEW BABYSITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Oh the Irritation...
- The Joys of Modern Technology
- Have I Mentioned that I'm Angry?
- A New Day
- A Blog...
-
▼
February
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment