In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Monday, February 16, 2009

Have I Mentioned that I'm Angry?

Not sure if I mentioned that yet today. I feel like ranting and raving right now about so very many things that I am unsure how to choose just one! How about the unprofessional caregiver that I almost hired to look after my children? Or the inconsiderate person that I call my best friend? Both of those subjects could keep me going for hours I'm sure. Then there is the fact that my loving husband is gone AGAIN...that's a whole other post though so maybe we'll forget about that one for now.

Decisions, decisions...let's go with the caregiver situation as it seems that this person is going to haunt me everywhere that I go! Maybe I am the one who is being unrealistic about the whole situation but here's the lowdown on how it all began. I found her - let's call her Jane - on Facebook with an ad about 24/7 Childcare. I'm thinking this has to be too good to be true so I jump on it immediately. I go and meet her in her home. She meets my children. It seems to go well and I fill out her paperwork. Jane is willing to accomodate my crazy hours so I am not about to let her get away. I was upfront about the fact that I am only part time and would need her to start looking after my kiddos in March. Jane is agreeable to this but she can only start with E-Man in March as she has to wait until her other infant turns a year to take on C-Girl. I am ok with this as I really don't want to fool around with finding a reliable caregiver. We shake hands and I leave feeling good about my decision. Jane tells her nieghbour (C) all about my kids and how she's going to be looking after them when I go back to work. I work with C and C also buys her pet supplies from the store that my mum manages. The very next day, C comes into the store and tells my mum all about my new babysitter and how excited Jane is to be looking after my kids especially C-Girl. Anyway, she sends me a message via Facebook that I assume (shoulda known better) is just touching base. I do not immediately respond to it as I don't always have a lot of time to answer messages. Jane then sends me another message asking if I am still planning on bringing me children to her and I respond with a resounding YES. I get another message asking what days I am planning on bringing them. Now I am scratching mu head because I am confused. I am not going back to work until the end of May so I have no idea what I'll be working. So I message her back and tell her this. I am then informed that she only wants full time kids ie 3 days a week. Now I am not 100% sure that I want to commit to that when I haven't spoken to DJ about it and I don't really know how the kids will do in her care. Anyway, I message her back about the fact that I may not necessarily bring them 3 days a week every week but that it might be 2 days one week and 4-5 the next. I get NO response to this. I wait it out for almost 2 weeks before I send her a message again asking if I need to be finding another childcare provider. Jane replies and says that she is only taking full timers and proceeds to give me names of other caregivers. At no point does she tell me that if I want to give her full time that I still had my spots. Imagine how totally pissed I am when I go to the grocery store and see an ad on the board from her looking for more kids to care for. Oh yeah and C comes into the store where my mum proceeds to tell her what Jane has done to me. So C says something to Jane about this. I wait it out and stew in my anger before I message her back. Basically, I told her that I was very unhappy about how the whole thing went down and that I find it terribly unprofessional on her part to do this all through email. She had my phone number and could have called me at any time! She then informs me that she didn't fill my spots and didn't appreciate me badmouthing her behind her back. Which I didn't actually do as it wasn't me that told my mum exactly who was babysitting for me. Jane did that one to herself. Oh and nothing like someone telling me that I have loads of time to arrange childcare after she screws me!!!! So now I am left to find care for my kids that will accomodate both of them, my odd hours and is in the right zone for E-Man's school! Gah...that's not asking too much now is it???

So am I wrong to be pissed? Did I get it wrong somewhere along the line? Am I the mental midget here? And now I feel like I can't post in the local groups because she is going to badmouth me..*#%*^&^ and then some!!!

PS I actually got the kitchen cleaned up and a load of diaper laundry done too! Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment