Here I sit chatting with DJ on MSN about all of the inconsequential things that happened today. It has become my nightly ritual to sit and wait for him to sign in even though I should've been in bed hours ago. I get sad when I miss him or if he doesn't get a chance to sign in. Sometimes this is the only interaction that we get if the weather is bad. Satellite phones don't work well in yucky weather in the desert. So do I tell him that C-Girl has started rolling from her back to her belly? And what about E-Man's latest exploits? I don't want to rub in the fact that he' missing out on all these things but I also don't want to not tell him either...I will be so glad when this deployment is over!
The kiddos and I went to the 'Frew today with Mama J. We went looking for wedding decorations for 'S' & 'S'. Found a few things that looked promising. Who knew that it could be this difficult to plan someone else's wedding when they aren't easily reachable?? Again, stupid deployments to god forsaken places!! Although in true E-Man fashion, he managed to wow all the waitresses at lunch. They even gave him a red heart mylar balloon because he was such a good boy. The balloon subsequently floated away to Daddy with lots of love! But I have to relay this little tidbit:
"Do you plan to get by in life on just your good looks?" says the waitress
"Yes. I think so! " replies E-Man
And now its off to bed with me!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(47)
-
▼
February
(13)
- Pity Party for 1...No RSVP Req'd
- It's Friday Night Again...
- Following In My Footsteps
- My Cloth Diaper Quest
- Holy Snow, Batman!
- It's Friday Night...Do You Know Where Your Childre...
- I Sit & Wait...So now I'll Ramble
- I GOT A NEW BABYSITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Oh the Irritation...
- The Joys of Modern Technology
- Have I Mentioned that I'm Angry?
- A New Day
- A Blog...
-
▼
February
(13)
Haha! E-Man sounds like a doll. :)
ReplyDeleteHow much longer until the deployment is over? Will he get a break from them once he returns? Since you and I reconnected, he's been away more than he's been around. :(