C-Girl is sleeping soundly in her crib. E-Man is asleep at Nammie & Papa's with a nasty fever. He started with a fever last night and hasn't been feeling well ever since. He fell asleep watching TV this afternoon with a temp of 38. When he woke up, it had fallen back to normal. This evening when I got back to the house, he was moaning in his sleep. When I checked his temp it was 40. I woke him briefly to give him some medicine and I don't think that he even realized it was me. If this runs the course like it did with a close friend's little one, we could be in for a rough go. It took RL 5 days to get over it with temp always spiking in the evening. Now as a nurse, I know this is normal and most people will always spike at night. However, it sucks for the poor little monkeys! Fingers crossed that my wee girl doesn't pick it up.
On a high note though, I got to spend a couple of hours with the girls from work. It was so nice to hang out with people my own age! Of course, it also reminded me why I don't really miss the place either. The bickering and backstabbing is never ending...I know its the joys of working in a predominantly female profession.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(47)
-
▼
February
(13)
- Pity Party for 1...No RSVP Req'd
- It's Friday Night Again...
- Following In My Footsteps
- My Cloth Diaper Quest
- Holy Snow, Batman!
- It's Friday Night...Do You Know Where Your Childre...
- I Sit & Wait...So now I'll Ramble
- I GOT A NEW BABYSITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Oh the Irritation...
- The Joys of Modern Technology
- Have I Mentioned that I'm Angry?
- A New Day
- A Blog...
-
▼
February
(13)
Isn't the co-worker thing bittersweet? I love hearing from my co-workers, but there's always something that brings me down too. One of my work buddies ended up in line behind me at the Superstore this morning, and it was great to see him and chat with him again but yet hearing some of the stuff that's going on make me feel a bit pukey... You leave for a year and nothing changes... Which makes me think those bad things will NEVER change.
ReplyDeleteI hope E-Man is doing a bit better today. xo