In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's An Odd Day

I don't even know where to start.  So much so that I guess I'll just ramble in no particular order.  I think that I will use bullet points just for fun.

  • One of my dearest friends is coming home for a visit this week.  While I was pleasantly surprised and looking forward to meeting her newest addition, Sweet Baby G, I have to say that I was also pretty curious about it.  Well, now I know why and it's not good.  Her mum has lung cancer, which we knew, now she has brain mets.  She didn't recognize me last night and it was all I could do to keep it together!  Almost 19 years, I've known that family and my heart is breaking for them.  Brain cancer is horrid.  She was only diagnosed with the lung cancer a year ago and the prognosis was guarded but looked promising. 

  • I was on Facebook this morning and saw a status update that was wondering about a gentleman that I have known for years.  Turns out he has passed away.  I have no idea how or when only that he's gone.  Another gentle soul that I have known for 16 years.  Thank you Scouting for that chance.

  • The army sucks!  My big reveal for where we would end up this summer is back burnered til further notice.  The only thing we know is that we are leaving here.  Hurry up and wait for the details...gee thanks!I'm going to my first mess dinner tonight with the man.  Should be interesting.  I've never been to a formal meal where there are specific rules to follow!
Alright and on that note I must go and wake the man from his nap.  I still have to pack the kids stuff for their sleepover tonight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment