Snce it's Tuesday, I just thought that I would throw that out there! I have been an avid fan of NCIS since it premiered. I do so love Mark Harmon.
Anyway, I would like to express my frustration with the Army. My lovely husband has been waiting for a promotion to come his way for quite some time. In fact, he missed 2 career courses because he was ordered to go to Afghanistan last September by his sgt major. Yesterday there was a parade where promotions were handed out and yet again DJ was passed over. He has the course required to be promoted. Imagine our surprise when he went to see the career manager today (usually referred to as the career mangler but since he was at our wedding I guess it wouldn't be nice :P) and was informed that the message is in the CO's hands and the reason that he didn't get it was because his medical has been lapsed since 2004. How convenient that it matters now with a promotion but not so much when they "needed" him to go to Afghanistan. 2 tours and 1 overseas tasking without an up to date medical...how the hell does that happen???? These last 4 years have been brutal on him, me and us collectively. And it feels like it was for nothing because every single time he should be rewarded, it gets yanked away by some asshat with their own agenda. DJ was talking about putting his name in for a posting to the Northwest Territories! He really wants to go to England for a year long course and needs to be a sgt before he can be considered for it. So we shall see what becomes of it. If he gets it, that means England in 2011 followed by a posting to NB. I am not sure how I feel about that at the moment.
And just because life isn't enough fun around here, I am pretty sure that DJ has the H1N1 flu on top of all this. He's been fevered with diarrhea and body aches since the weekend. Headaches and no appetite either. He went to the UMS this afternoon and was told to come back tomorrow morning since he missed sick parade. Not that it much matters since we have all had the vax for it and if the kids were going to get it, well, they'd have it by now. Here's to hoping that I won't pick up whatever it is if it isn't H1N1 since I am on a stretch of 5 nights tomorrow. Yay me!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
No comments:
Post a Comment