In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Just an Ordinary Day

Thank you Great Big Sea for the motivation!  This song was playing on the radio while I was driving home from work this morning and a certain line stood out to me.  "It's a beautiful life but there's always some sorrow."  I don't know why but it really struck a chord with me today.  Maybe it's because it was a month ago today that my second mom passed away.  At exactly this very moment, I was rushing around getting ready for work because they had said that she wasn't going to make the night.  It seems a bit surreal that time has passed so quickly.  I can only begin to imagine how my second family feels.

Or maybe it is because I have been trying to focus harder on the good things in my life.  I have a beautiful family and a loving husband (who I wouldn't trade in...well, most of the time anyway!).  I have awesome friends and most days, even a pretty awesome job.

I've been looking back at my last few blog posts and realizing how very negative or sad that they've been.  I think that it is time to change that.  My outlook on life is really not that dour! 

So here is to welcoming spring and the newness it brings.  Oh and so Great Big Sea just because I adore them so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment