...my mentor took her own life. I miss her. Maybe not every day and sometimes even weeks pass that I don't think of her. She taught me so much about being a nurse. She was kind and soft spoken. She just had this way about her. No question was too silly and there was always time for a laugh. Or a coffee and cigarette. She was the first person besides my mum and DJ to hold E. She was in the doorway when he came screaming into this world. It saddens me that he will never remember her. It breaks my heart that she felt so alone. It hurts my soul to hear things about her and how her behaviour was leading up to that day. How did the people closest to her not know?
It's all water under the bridge now. I sincerely hope that she has found the peace she so desperately craved. I think of her often.
No comments:
Post a Comment