I really, really do. I don't like the decorations. I dislike incessant holiday music. I am not fond of buying Christmas presents for everyone and their dog. Doing up cards really doesn't float my boat either. Total waste of my time and money. Stamps aren't cheap ya know!
But what I really dislike the most, is the subtle misery it brings to my marriage. Because every year - well, at least the years he's here - DJ and I inevitably end up mad at each other because in his eyes, I never want to spend Christmas with his family and I won't let him take the kids without me. Now first off, I work every second Christmas. So how am I supposed to go there for Christmas? His parents have only come up here for Christmas once and that was when E almost 2. Is it really my fault that my parents live here? So we always spend the holidays with them. And he's half right about my reticence to let him take my kids across the country without me. But in my defense, that has much more to do with the personality changes that I have seen in him over the last few years and less about the fact that I would miss out on Christmas with them. He is so short tempered sometimes that is scares me. I can't imagine him being able to handle 2 kids in the car for 16 hours by himself. I think what really irks me more is the expectation for us to go there when his mother hates travelling in the winter. What makes them think that I am anymore fond of it? It's crazy expensive to fly. And god forbid that DJ would have been listening to a word I said about saving up so that we could fly. The broken record has only been saying that since last Christmas when we decided that we would try our level best to get there this year. Of course, my rotten piece of crap work schedule has made it even harder for the 4 of us to go together. I have said that he can take them without me but only if he flies. He said that he would see if they would come here if we pay for the flights. Fine, but he didn't call them tonight to check that option out. Gah...
...have I mentioned that I dislike Christmas?????????????
No comments:
Post a Comment