In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good News!

We had a successful appointment at the childrens hospital today.  C-Girl has a wonky left foot that everyone comments on.  "Why do you let her walk that way?", "Have you taken her to a doctor about that?" and so on and so on.  The pediatric orthopedist saw her and assessed her wonky feet.  The determination is that she will grow out of it.  She has a tibial and femoral torsion in both legs (which means that her feet turn in at almost a 90 degree angle at times) but she doesn't need any kind of bracing or surgery.  All we have to do is make sure that she doesn't sit on her knees with her feet turned in.  Did I mention that this is easier said then done??  She gets really annoyed when you tell her to sit on her bum.  This is going to be interesting!!

Other than a little frustration at traffic, DJ was in good humour today too.  We had a bit of a rocky weekend.  He had a little temper tantrum about not being able to finish his truck and was talking about leaving.  I should clarify that he was referring to the military sending him somewhere just so he could clear his head.  I know that he is overloaded at work and that is trickling back on us.  My work schedule has been a pain in the ass lately and that is adding to the stress.  And again, it goes back to my inability to figure out how to keep the house clean, the laundry done, meals cooked and look after the kids.  This of course, spins me back on to my usual merry go round of whys.  Why can't I get it together?  Why can't I figure out how to keep the house clean, laundry done and meals prepared?

I have been a bit better about the time that I spend on the computer.  I did succeed in getting several loads of laundry done last week although it didn't seem to get ahead of the mountain.  Blargh...I just wish sometimes that I had a magic wand...

1 comment:

  1. I never noticed C-Girl's wonky foot in the summer. Although, there was a lot of chaos with the four kiddos! :) Glad to hear it's going to be a non-issue though.

    Keep hanging in there... it seems to be the only option. ;o)
    XO

    ReplyDelete