Tomorrow morning, no excuses, I am going for a walk with C. After we put E on the bus, we will hit the sidewalk! I've got sneakers and an iPod. Just need to leave DJ a note about making sure that the good stroller stays home from work :)
The next task of the day is to fold laundry, empty the dishwasher and clean the living room window. The stove needs cleaned after the unfortunate mini pizza accident last night but the is DJ's job. He made the mess, he can clean it up. Maybe sort of kicking myself now for not buying a self clean oven. Add that to the regretful fridge purchase. We might have a coffee date with an old friend but that is still up in the air at the moment.
Now it is time for me to vent about work. I am seriously getting tired of being shunted from one shift to another with no consideration to my life and plans! They did it last weekend by forcing me from my nights to evenings. And that meant not celebrating my dad's birthday with him among other wrecked plans. Now they've gone and done it again. I was supposed to work 8-4 in the PACU on Thursday and Friday. I look forward to these shifts as they are a nice change of pace and it allows me to use a different set of skills. I got a message today informing me that they have changed those days to nights. So yet again, there go my plans for the weekend. This is getting old! Oh and I am lucky that my daycare provider is flexible because anywhere else, I would be paying for all these changes. The only upside to this is knowing that work will now have to pay me overtime (time and a half to be exact) for Friday night and for next Friday night too! Thanks to our pesky union contract, I am only obligated to work every second weekend and this one is my weekend off. They now have to pay me premium time for every weekend I work until I get one off...I am evilly giggling at this thought!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment