So much for my plan to blog more frequently! Here we are a month later and I have written nothing new. I had plans to but alas between work, kids and in-laws visiting, I just never quite got here. Excuses, excuses, right? Oh well, here we are anyway.
The in-laws left today after a week long visit. I can't say I was that sad to see them go. Don't get me wrong, I like them well enough but I don't like the attitude that I get from DJ when they are around. Let's just say that I am never quite good enough...tidy enough...subserviant enough...you get the picture, I'm sure! I will never be the "perfect wife" nor do I wish to be. And I find it absolutely hysterical that DJ gets to pretend to be perfect when by god he's not!!!!
I have planned a trip to my grandparent's house in October to coincide with DJ's course and Thanksgiving. Now that the plane tickets are purchased wouldn't you know that one of the issues that DJ and I have has reared its ugly head. So I am tumbling back into the land of mistrust and am wondering how in the hell I am supposed to fix it. Although as my dear friend Ellie likes to point out, it's really not up to me to fix it since I wasn't the one to cause the problem in the first place. Of course, Ellie is the non-forgiving, rip someone's throat out type of person and well, I'm not. I stick my head in the sand and go with the theory that if I ignore it then it's not really happening. I wish that I had the backbone to confront the issue but I don't and I will admit to a certain amount of fear with relation to the response that I could recieve in return. Oh how I wish that I could turn back time so that I could stop all of this from happening but somehow I doubt that would have mattered anyway.
Poor E-Man is learning the first of life's hard lessons right now. His best friend/"wife" has moved to BC. His poor little heart is broken...ok I'm shamming a bit. He honestly hasn't really paid that much attention at the moment because Grammy & Grampy were here to shower him with attention. I'm sure though that the heartbreak will ensue shortly. VBS won't be the same without RL to chum with and how will he ever be able to go to the park without her. Oh the drama of being 4 :-) My baby starts junior Kindergarten next month...where has the time gone? I can't believe that I am going to let a big yellow school bus take him away for an entire day without anyone that loves him! Yeah yeah I know...melodramatic seems to be my current mood!
Hmm, what else shall I babble about? Oh I went to the doctor the other day. I have been getting this gnawing burning pain in my right hand that starts in my last 2 fingers and works up into my wrist and forearm. I used to get it maybe once or twice a year and I usually could attribute it to something that I had done. This has been since I was 17 or so. Well, in the last 3-4 months it has been happening on an almost weekly basis and for a minimum of 4 hours at a time to a couple of days and with absolutely nothing to associate it to. It gets so bad that I can hardly sleep with the pain and of course, ibuprofen and tylenol do squat to relieve it. My doctor thinks that it might be an ulnar nerve problem or some kind of neuropathy. She is a bit baffled by the fact that on rare occaisions, I can get it in my left hand/forearm or in both. So she is booking me for an electromyogram with a neurologist. After having googled it, I am not so sure that I want this done. However, if we can get to the bottom of the problem I guess I will just have to suck up having needles stuck in my arm. I am hopeful that it is nothing but then again it sucks to be in pain and have no cause for it either!
Well, I suppose that is enough of my nonsense for the moment. C-Girl is restless tonight so I suppose that I chould get to bed before too long since she likely won't be sleeping in tomorrow morning. Everyone here is down with a nasty summer cold. Thankfully I am not because I start a stretch of nights tomorrow and it sucks to work the graveyard shift when you feel like a bag of smashed assholes!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
No comments:
Post a Comment