In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Saturday, August 22, 2009

Change is Good...

...right?  Or so they say anyway.  Since nothing else in my life seems to be changing I thought that I would change the look of my blog.  Not sure if I like it or not but I guess we'll have to wait and see!  DJ is outside playing with his truck and C-Girl is napping at the moment.  E-Man is gone to Nam's house for a visit with her.  So peace and quiet all around with a minute for me to think! 

DJ and I are thinking of going to the drive in tonight to see the new Harry Potter movie.  It's been years since we did that so I think it'll be nice to have a "date night".  Of course that all hinges on whether or not my mother agrees to take C-Girl for a sleepover too!  A "date night"...now that is a novel concept in out world!  We have said time and again that we need to start spending more time together one on one but we never seem to get it together.  I work shift work and a lot of weekends too so that makes it hard to plan anything terribly exciting.  I was hoping that while DJ's parents were here we would be able to get some time out for us but that didn't happen either.  We desperately need some time together where we can have a few good heart to hearts about the current state of our relationship and where we see ourselves heading.  We actually had a real discussion today about baby#3.  That was a refreshing change!  We still agree to disagree but I think that we each have a better understanding of where the other stands on the subject.  He understands that I am not ready to say no more even though we had initially agreed on 2 babies.  I was able to explain to him how I felt that our family doesn't feel complete to me yet.  He explained that he, at this moment, doesn't feel like he could be a good parent to another child.  He feels that somehow one of the kids would be neglected ie. middle child syndrome.  We have mostly tabled the discussion for now with the agreement that neither would make any concrete decisions about permanent birth control.  I am happy with this as it doesn't make me feel like he's not listening to the important things.

Well, I guess that is enough for now.  I must go and wake up Missy Miss so she sleeps tonight for my mum...wink wink!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie! Glad to hear you were able to have a convo about the issues and that nothing has been ruled out. I know from experience that it feels good to have hope.
    I hope date night was fun! xx

    ReplyDelete