Hello my dear neglected blog. I had every intention of updating and keeping record of the whole international move business but as with all good intentions...
Well, we're here in the United Kingdom. A place where slugs and spiders abound. The weather is odd and so is the food. I simply do not understand the full out obsession they have of all things curry! The Boy is in school everyday and doing well. Uniforms are great! The Girl and I are still figuring things out. Because we are living on the economy as DND terms it, we are living is a little town where everyone knows everyone else. It has been hard to meet anyone as they all just hang out in their little groups and really are most unwelcoming. Most of the time, it doesn't really bother me, though I'd really like to have someone for The Girl to play with. I just keep reminding myself that it is only for a year!
Now here is where I will complain. There is nothing I hate more than passive aggression. It makes me crazy. Say what you mean and frigging mean it! Don't go all "I am only trying to help" by telling me that my family is "broken" on freaking Facebook. Asshole! Oh and then tell me that if "I" want to discuss this further that it will need to be done over the phone and Facebook is not the place for it. Are you kidding me?? People suck! Especially people who think they know it all and want to "fix" something they have no clue about. Geez! And please, if your going to be "upfront & honest" then be that way with everyone. Don't leave me to lie and dance around the truth with another person that you don't want anything to do with and she has no idea! Not fair! And all really very juvenile.
Oh I guess some sort of backstory might be helpful here, huh? Well, we are 1 of 3 Canadian families here for this course. One family (let's call them Family A) has 3 children and actually live in quarters on the base that we belong to. The other family (Family B) have 1 child and live at another base in the quarters there. They both came from the same base. The Man knew one of them and they were deployed to the Sandbox at the same time in 2008/9. Anyway, we met each family and hit it off with Family B who The Man already knew. Their son is almost 8 and The boy gets along with him reasonably well. Fast forward to last weekend when Family B invited us along to a little day trip they had planned as well as another little outing the following day. We thought the first day was good. The second day didn't get off to a good start when I fell. The Man was irritated and I felt stupid. I wore inappropriate footwear. It was my stupid fault. Anyway, the day didn't get any worse but it really never improved. There were a couple of instances when The Man got upset and shouted at The Boy when he was misbehaving. At any rate, I really didn't think much of it as it is my normal.
The following day, we were chatting about what to do and see in London and I casually said something about going but not wanting to do it without The Man. She jumped all over me. Informed me that they had already made their London plans (we were originally going to go together) and we were not included because The Man is "embarassing and scary" when he yells. We make it "difficult" for them to "create their own family memories". Oh and our children don't listen either. This from the parent of a spoiled, overweight, over indulged only child. So umm yeah, to say that I took it hard is an understatement. I lost my mind. And more than anything, it was because I thought she was my friend and I have very few of those right now. I cried all day and well, for the better part of the next day too. In my opinion, all she needed to say was that it would be better for them if we didn't travel together. And you know, I had already determined that on my own as I felt that the previous 2 days had been spent catering to what they wanted. I am a people pleaser and I really don't want to upset anyone. So when The Boy complained about being hungry, I should have said ok we'll get lunch, instead of forcing him to follow along until they were ready to eat. Lesson learned. But now it is all on me to fix it. She judged the hell out of me and mine and yet I am the one that is going to have suck it up and apologize...How does this make sense? I wonder if she has any idea that her notion of how my marriage is and how I am treated could actually have made my life that much more complicated if The Man really is as angry all the time as she seems to think?
People suck! So much for my new plan of posting only positive things here, huh!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
No comments:
Post a Comment