We're still hanging in there with this moving business. It's been stressful to say the least and the "fun" is only just beginning. The house is sold as of today which is a huge relief. Now we are onto the purging/sorting part of the game. 75% of what we own is going in storage for the next year. The remaining 25% - well, that need to be further divided in half since some will get shipped ahead of us and the rest, with us. Complicated, yes! A bit refreshing too since it means that we will have to learn to live minimally. I am excited about this. Hopefully this will be the start of a whole new way of life for me and the family.
On the work front, well, I tried to get a leave of absence for the year to maintain the seniority that I have accrued over the last 10 years. And that was declined by HR. As it turns out, it's not actually HR's decision to make. Who knew?? Anyway, I have the information necessary to reapply but now it's all about time. I am obligated by contract to provide 2 weeks notice prior to resignation. If I resubmit my LOA request to the chief nursing officer, she is allowed 14 days to respond. If she says yes, we're good. If she says no, well, then I have to work until July15. The problem with this is that the closing date for our house is July 22. I can't do all that needs to be done in only 1 week...see my conundrum? Also, I don't want to burn my bridges with my manager & director and the whole resubmitting thing feels wrong. I am not a shady person and I really don't want to start acting like one now. Then there is the fact that I need references from them in order to get my licence in NB.
So that is about all there is in my world right now. I guess we'll see what the future brings now. I really think that I need a handbook for all this!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost
No comments:
Post a Comment