In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Frustration is the Name of the Game

I finally work up the nerve to tell DJ that we have a problem and he responds with the usual pat answers about how he thought that we were working on it.  I tell him that no, I am working on it but he seems to have given up.  Just because we have talked about it once doesn't mean that it doesn't bear repeating.  He says, "oh, I didn't know".  How could he not?  We are total strangers living in the same house.  I make a list of things that we need to do and he says ok.  That lasts for a day or two, heck, maybe a week and then we return to the way its always been.  Well, newsflash folks, I can't live like this anymore.  Either we both work on it or I quit!  I am tired of being the one to do it all.  I keep myself awake when I should be sleeping just wondering how I am supposed to figure it out.  How do I make him see that it takes both of us to make this marriage work? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie! I've been a bad blogger lately... been so wrapped up in all of my own little dramas that I haven't been paying much attention to the world around me. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I wish I was closer so we could talk for real over coffee.

    I'm definitely not one to give out advice on this sort of thing. I know that in my case, my life is better post-separation, but certainly more difficult than it was before. That being said, the idea of separating is a lot easier than the actual act of separating. I could never have imagined how awful it would be. Even now that I've let go of a lot of it, thinking back to those days can be painful when I remember the knot in my stomach, and laying awake in bed all night feeling so alone and helpless. It's definitely a huge decision you have to make. If there's anything I can do for you, please do let me know. We've known each other most of our lives, and I'm here for you always!

    Hmmm... I'm feeling inspired right now to scan one of those old birthday party pics and post it to FB for a smile.

    Since your post is almost a month old, I'm going to cross my fingers that things are going better now for you. xo

    ReplyDelete