In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Thursday, October 29, 2009

Decisions, Decisions!

I have no idea what to do about this whole H1N1 business.  I feel like which ever choice I make is going to be the wrong one.  Do I vaccinate my children with a new vaccine that has no long term studies?  Or do I run the risk that they pick up the virus and hope that they survive it relatively unscathed?  I work in a hospital and I am exposed to nastiness every single time I walk through the doors and I have never worried about it until now.  I worked through the whioe SARS business without a thought about it.  Ok, I didn't have any kids then, maybe that is why.  There are so many people who say that we should and that many more who say we shouldn't.  A boy from Toronto died in his father's arms from the H1N1 and that scares me!  I am so utterly freaked out about the whole thing that I just want someone else to make the decision for me.  That way at least, if something goes wrong, I have someone else to blame for it!  Gah...help!

1 comment:

  1. I am faced with that terrible decision too. UGH! Though, I have already made my decision. Not happening! Everyone is saying that because I am pregnant I should, however, I feel like a guinea pig, and that won't make me feel any better then NOT getting it. If I wasn't pregnant, it might be a different story; but while this baby is growing inside me, I'll pass!!!

    I may get the flu shot (haven't decided yet!), and I will still take my daily precautions against getting sick, ie. Carrying Purell around everywhere, constantly washing my hands, and wear a mask every time I enter a hospital.

    I think there is just WAY to much hype about H1N1. People have died from the flu too, they just don't talk about it!

    Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete