In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello Again

Since its been over a month since my last post, here is a brief rundown of the latest happenings in the life of me. I started back to work last Sunday night. I'd like to say that it was as nerve wracking as I let my mind make it out to be but alas, one year away and I am happy (and sad!) to report that nothing and I mean nothing has changed. All the things that were making my fellow staffers unhappy are still making them unhappy. It was nice to be welcomed back though. Kind of made me feel good that everyone missed me. Nothing like a day full of liquid poop and noncommunicative patients to remind you that you love your job!

DJ & I have encountered a rather large bump in the road that is our marriage. It seems that 3 years of deployments, taskings & courses have done some significant damage to our foundation. I have to admit that I knew we had a few cracks that were going to need some TLC but I was truly gobsmacked that we actually have a gaping hole. That being said we are both committed to working on the things that can be fixed. Where we go from here is anyone's guess at this point but I am not a quitter. I refuse to let the last 11 years of my life, our life together, go to waste. So we are working on communicating our wants and needs for now. From there we may have to pursue some outside help but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

E-Man is growing like a weed. I can hardly believe that my first born is almost 4 and a half! He is going to have a rough summer as his "wife/best friend" is moving to BC and his other little buddy is moving to NB. He doesn't really understand what that means right now so we shall have to see how it all plays out.

C-Girl is 11 months old now. She had finally caught the "moving" bug and is able to do the leopard crawl. She has yet to figure out how to get up on her knees yet so she just uses her elbows and toes to wiggle across the floor. She loves to eat too. We are pretty well finished with pureed baby food and I think that her days of nursing are numbered. My goal is to reach the one year mark but we will have to see how that goes. I am sad that my baby is almost a year old. This likely marks the end of my baby days since DJ wasn't keen on any more before I realized that our marriage was not in such great shape.

Well, that is enough rambling for one night. It is off to bed for me as my sweet baby will be up early and tomorrow is DJ's first day back to work too!

1 comment:

  1. I've had this window open for what seems like forever now, trying to find a moment to reply without just hastily typing nonsense that would end up not letting you know how much I've been thinking of you recently. Yet, here I am, ready to fire you off a message off the cuff, since it's been over two weeks and I still haven't commented.
    ANYWAY, I hope that you and DJ are able to repair that hole in your foundation. Personally, I can't even begin to imagine how upsetting it would be to spend three years wishing and waiting to be with someone, only to find out that that someone isn't the same someone you've been remembering. I have a few couple friends who are currently pursuing outside help with their marriages and it seems to be working for them.
    *great big huggs* to you. xo

    ReplyDelete