In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost







Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snowy Saturday

It's snowing out and I am hanging out here still in my jammies!  What a great way to spend a cold, snowy afternoon.  I even got to spend an hour and a half of uninterrupted time with The Man.  It reminded me of the days before kids.  Not that I am saying I regret the kids of course.  It just was a nice break from reality!

So onto the next thing...I went to the doctor this week for a physical.  My bloodwork shows that I need to lose weight. Shocker, right?  Oh and my blood pressure is up too.  She was far more concerned about that then my bloodwork though.  So I am onto making an effort to eat 3 meals a day.  I am also attempting to keep track of my calorie intake with this handy app on my ipod.  If I can maintain it for the next few weeks than I think that I am going to sign up for Weight Watchers online.  And I am going to make a better attempt at using my Wii fit as well.  The Man got me the Biggest Loser Wii game for Christmas and I find so far that I like it better than the one that came with the balance board.  This time I am hoping that knowing I have to go back to the doctor for a weight check in 3 months will be enough to keep me motivated.

A good friend of mine is also going to help contribute to my wellness plan by sending me a bunch of easy recipes to try.  I don't cook!  So that also needs to change if I am to make this weight loss thing work.  We did well last week with a meal plan and I am hoping to continue that upward swing.  I think that making a plan for the week that accomodates everyone's schedules (since I apparently sold my soul to the local skating club for E to continue learning to skate!) will be most beneficial.  I have another friend that also showed me how she grocery shops based on her meal plan and what is in her freezer.  So basically, I think that I have the tools I need to make it work this time...only time will tell though!

No comments:

Post a Comment